Thursday, November 15, 2018

Introduction and Pledge

Hello there! I'm Sarah Lin, a writer who wants to take her shot at the LitRPG genre. This post is partially an introduction, partially a pledge to any potential readers.

Though I would love to write a lot of different books, I have rent to pay. I also know readers have been burned by a lot of unfinished books, abrupt endings, and cliffhangers. So I'm venturing into this with a commitment to finish a satisfying set of stories. Even if only a single person buys a copy of my books, I promise that I'll finish these story arcs for them.

My first novel, Changing Faces, is the beginning of the New Game Minus trilogy. It has a complete story arc, but leaves some broader questions in the air to be resolved by the other two books. While I could potentially tell a huge number of stories with these characters, the trilogy will be a complete story that doesn't leave any unsatisfying loose ends.

Second, I may be writing a set of dungeon core novels - we'll see, I have to finish writing and judge if the result is worth publishing. But if I start, I will definitely finish, and this series would be completely resolved in a trilogy at most. It will be set in the same universe as New Game Minus, but with none of the same characters, so it won't be essential to read both.

These three/six books will be my initial experiment, and I promise that I'll finish them! If you guys like what I write and want more, I'll be potentially around for longer than that. If you enjoy my work, please review, leave comments, and generally let people know. ^-^

7 comments:

  1. Your book was fresh and fun and soooo worth it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! Please consider leaving a review if you haven't already. ^-^

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed your first book thank you for your imagination.
    I am trying to decide between buying a kindle copy or to wait for an audible version, which is a pleasant problem to have.
    Thank you again and looking forward to reading (or listening) to more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed my book! The first one is actually currently out via Audible:
      https://www.audible.com/pd/B07NGLGK9W/?source_code=AUDFPWS0223189MWT-BK-ACX0-142473&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_142473_rh_us

      Regardless, I'm happy to have you reading my work! Please leave reviews if you feel so inclined. ^-^

      Delete
  3. Are you going to finish New Game Minus? Is it finished and I just can't find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, this is an old post. Yeah, I finished New Game Minus a long time ago:
      https://sarahlinauthor.blogspot.com/p/new-game-minus.html

      If you mean the audiobooks, see my responses at that link regarding the problem with the narrator.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete