Saturday, May 25, 2019

What's coming next?

With the third book in my New Game Minus trilogy out, it's a good time to do a post about what you can expect from me in the future.

1) Street Cultivation: I'll continue to post my serial, and once we've completed the story, you'll see the collected form coming out on Amazon. Around that time there will be discussion regarding the future of that universe.

2) NGM Audiobooks: The second audiobook is under production, just behind schedule. The plan is to release all three books with the same narrator, but this is out of my hands.

3) Standalone Novels: Though standalone novels don't sell well, I have three books that I've been inspired to write in the past. Not everyone may be interested in them, but I think they're worth publishing. You'll see these released from me before I get fully invested in a major ongoing project. Sneak preview info about these on Patreon.

4) The Brightest Shadow: This is an epic fantasy series that has been in my mind for a long time. You'll definitely see it released in time, but for now I've just put up a little preview page.

That's what's currently on my mind. Please look forward to it!

14 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the audiobooks of NGM ^^ I hope you get the same narrator for all three :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. The narrator bailed on me in the middle of production, which discouraged me enough that I haven't been very motivated to find a replacement. The fact that people continue to express interest makes it more likely, but I know that changing narrators would reduce interest and it would probably be expensive for me.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Well that's no good, sorry to hear that. I agree that changing narrators could potentially reduce interest in some people who might not buy an audiobook with a new narrator. However, they're already not buying it as there isn't a new audiobook to buy. But that also means that neither can everyone else that would happily purchase a new audiobook for Raising Allies, regardless of narrator.

    Fortunately, he only narrated the first book of the series. So switching narrators now would allow someone new to speak for the characters of the remaining two books, and then any potential books going forward in the series. I would much rather have a new narrator than not have the next two or more of the series be available.

    I absolutely loved Changing Faces's story and the fresh new angle of the storytelling, which really helps it stand out amongst the rest of the LitRPG-type genre. I really do hope you consider finding a new narrator for the rest of the NGM series! And soon! (please take my money!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should get Travis Baldree for New Game Minus. He did amazing with Street Cultivation. I love the first book, and the premise is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travis Baldree is great, but I'm funding NGM on my own, so I probably can't afford him for this, sorry. Getting two more audiobooks remains on my list of goals, but I can't promise anything right now.

      Delete
    2. Would you be willing to crowd source it?

      Delete
    3. As in something like Kickstarter? I guess I'm willing in theory, but based on the numbers I don't think it would be successful.

      Delete
  6. I've been checking weekly for an update. Hoping for news of an Audible. I'd gladly contribute to a Kickstarter. What type of numbers are you thinking to cover the narrator costs. Someone good like Baldree or Nick Podehl.
    I'm dying to know how the series turns out. I loved the first book. But unfortunately I'm not able to read for lengths of time due to a neck injury. So anything I read has to be an audiobook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the book and sorry you haven't been able to finish. I actually made some efforts to recontact the original narrator in 2020, but after making promises he flaked again.

      I don't know what rate Travis Baldree or Nick Podehl would give me if I approached them directly, but based on top professional rates, each book would probably cost something like $4000-$8000.

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed the first audio book. Wish the other two were made, but can do it the old fashion way. Great job as always.

    ReplyDelete